Transfer of the lease It is possible that a court decision may be made through an individual lease agreement to another tenant or a transfer of a common lease solely on behalf of a tenant. But this can only be done in certain circumstances. If your lease does not have a «break clause,» you can only leave prematurely if your landlord agrees. Get this agreement in writing. If the parties are not married, they have children under the age of 18, the Children`s Act 1989 may require that the tenancy agreement be transferred to a single parent for the benefit of the children. The court will consider that if one of your roommates terminates the landlord and the landlord accepts this notification, it could threaten the entire tenancy agreement. If a roommate has done so, but the other roommates want to stay in the rental agreement, they should ask the landlord for a new contract in the name alone. If you find yourself in this situation, please seek advice from the right of residence. If you want to transfer your lease to someone, you must write to your landlord. It`s a lease.

You are not entitled to this type of assignment. Your landlord may authorize an assignment in exceptional cases. They give you a written decision. If you are renting through an ARLA Propertymark protected agent, you will be happy to discuss any issues related to your lease. You can continue to advise you or contact the owner to clarify everything. Look for an ARLA Propertymark Protected agent for your next property. Please talk to your landlord if you want to stay after leaving the others. You can apply for a new joint lease with replacement tenants or sign a new contract only on your behalf.

It is possible to seek a court injunction to stop your ex-notification of a termination. However, this can only apply for a limited time and only if there is a realistic prospect of transferring the lease to one of the channels listed below. It is therefore not a solution, but only temporary protection. Your rights and obligations vary depending on whether you have a joint or exclusive tenancy agreement or whether you have a tenant as a tenant of residence. For example, if you moved in with a friend or partner and you made an agreement with them, not directly with the owner. Your landlord may try to rent the property again. If your landlord rents the property, he or she cannot rent to both you and the new tenants. You can try to find someone else to accept the lease. You could also try to negotiate with the owner and pay some of the unpaid money or offer to put your deposit on the cost of advertising for the property. If z.B. has been disturbed or caused problems during the fixed life, you can remove this customer. But the property regulations apply to all tenants, so everyone has to leave.

You can of course decide to offer a new lease to the remaining tenants, but a new lease must be signed and a deposit paid. At the end of the lease, your landlord may be allowed to keep some or all of the down payment in the event of a lease or deterioration of the property. If you are both tenants, it is very likely that this is a common tenancy agreement. This means that you both have a single lease, with all your rights and debts. You are responsible for all the rent, not part of that rent. You each have the full right to occupy the property under the lease agreement. If your lease was granted after April 1, 2007 and is not time-limited, the rental period is six months. This means that you and the owner are bound to this rental agreement for 6 months.

After the 6-month period expires, your lease will be periodic and you can terminate the lease by providing the correct amount of the notification in writing. You can still move out of the building, but you remain subject to rent as long as the lease continues.